The Language of Politics:
* examines how both politicians and commentators describe political stances
* explores some of the most common linguistic features to be found in political speeches
* analyses electioneering through various written texts including manifestos, posters and pamphlets
* looks at how politicians answer questions both in the media and in parliament
* includes examples of political discourse from Britain, America and Australia
* has a comprehensive glossary of terms.
About Adrian Beard
See more books from this Author
Published November 4, 1999
Political & Social Sciences, Education & Reference, Literature & Fiction.