2013 Edition. From Alcatraz to Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, Haight-Ashbury, and beyond, here's what to see and do, and where to eat, drink, shop, stay, and play in this gem of a city. Author/journalist Marlene Goldman has written four books, including Art/Shop/Eat San Francisco.
* Organized by district
* Quick-reference subsections describe landmarks, arts and culture, dining, nightlife, shopping, and hotels
* Lists San Francisco's biggest seasonal events
* Numbered entries in the text are keyed to area maps in each chapter
* ''Top Picks'' direct you to not-to-be-missed attractions
* Spot illustrations throughout liven the text
* 10 maps, including overview map, area-detail maps, and transport map
Best Travel Series of the Year, 2008. Hooper, Brad (author). FEATURE. First published September 15, 2008 (Booklist). We select the Little Black Travel Books as our travel guide series of the year. The main reasons for designating these guides as best of the year are their portability and user friendliness....each volume has a neat, tidy, and nicely detailed foldout map to the particular area under discussion. The chapters in each volume correspond to the geographical areas into which the authors divide the city for the tourist. Each chapter gives basics on places to see, available art, and entertainment venues, places to eat and drink, where to shop, and where to stay. You can study a range of guides before your actual trip, but this is definitely a commendable candidate for carrying with you on site. --Booklist (American Library Association)
About Marlene Goldman
See more books from this Author
Published February 25, 2013
by Peter Pauper Press, Inc..