How much do you really know about your golf clubs?
Did you know that:
* The lower the loft on your driver, the farther you’ll hit it?
* Your new driver has a larger “sweetspot?”
* You are playing a stiff shaft, because it says so on it.
* Women’s clubs are designed for women?
Fine, but the problem is… NONE OF THOSE THINGS ARE TRUE
Tom Wishon, one of the world’s leading club designers, takes you on a guided tour of the golf club, explaining in lay language how and why golf clubs work the way they do. Perhaps of even greater importance, he explains what to look for—and what to look out for—when you buy your next club.
“...the average golfer knows little more about golf clubs than what he or she reads in advertising or sees in Golf Channel infomercials. This lack of golf equipment knowledge results in millions of golfers attempting to play an already difficult game with equipment that not only won’t, but CAN’T POSSIBLY allow them to play to the best of their ability.”
It turns out the latest cutting-edge frontier in golf… is plain old-fashioned custom club fitting.
Do you think:
* That clubheads made from harder metal will hit the ball farther?
* The faster you swing, the stiffer your shaft should be?
* That your clubs are “just like the ones the pros use?”
Find out WHY those things are not true and learn the things they do NOT tell you in the golf club ads!
About Tom Wishon
See more books from this Author
Published June 21, 2011
by Fireship Press.
Sports & Outdoors.