"New managers can find hope (and help) with this handbook of practical, upbeat advice from a 40-year veteran of the business battlefield. This book takes readers through the fundamentals of management, including chapters on how to successfully manage yourself, your employees, your boss, and your reputation. The New Manager's Starter Kit provides the techniques necessary to make it as a manager, answering questions like:
* What is the biggest mistake a manager can make in hiring?
* Why must managers make communications an obsession?
* What is the ""planning hierarchy""?
* When, where, and how should a manager fire someone?
* How can satisfying ten basic employee needs transform you into a leader?
With rules and tools included in each chapter, this book will help the less experienced manager master critical skills for job success and personal satisfaction."
About Robert Crittendon
See more books from this Author
Published October 2, 2001
Business & Economics, Young Adult.