Bradley Lightbody presents a fascinating and accessible history of the Second World War in its global context. Examining the war around general themes from ambition and advance, through expansion and containment, to rout and victory, The Second World War covers all the major theatres and events of the war.
From the origins and background to the war to its aftermath and legacy, The Second World War covers:
* the pre-war ambitions of Italy, Germany and Japan
* the outbreak of the war in Poland
* the 'Phoney War'
* Blitzkrieg, the Fall of France and the Battle of Britain
* Pearl Harbour
* the war in North Africa and El Alamein
* the final solution
* D-Day, the liberation of Italy and deliverance from the concentration camps
* the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
This book provides a comprehensive overview of the global ambitions and the global warfare that was the Second World War, making it essential reading for all students of twentieth century world history.
About Bradley LightbodySee more books from this Author