AMAZING TRUE FACTS
From the Mayflower landing on Plymouth Rock to Apollo 11’ s touchdown on the moon, America has been nothing but the effing coolest country ever. This book is packed with fun facts, curious trivia and wacky revelations about the land of the free, including:
• In the midst of the Civil War, 10,000 Confederate soldiers had a snowball fightTar Heels vs. Georgians.
• Washington’s four dogs were named Drunkard, Taster, Tipler and Tipsy.
• Unlike melodramatic Hollywood versions, the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral lasted just 30 seconds.
• The incredibly unlucky son of Abe Lincoln witnessed the assassination deaths of three presidents.
• The U.S. refused to pay a $400 littering fine for dropping the space station on Australia.
• Ford pardoned not only Nixon but also Robert E. Lee 105 years after Lee’s death.
• There is no evidence that Betsy Ross designed the American flag.
About Josh Miller
See more books from this Author
Published November 19, 2012
by Ulysses Press.
History, Education & Reference, Humor & Entertainment.