• Understand the sport of triathlon “what is triathlon and how does it work?”
• Developing a training plan which simplifies your season and your life
• Train effectively so you minimise the risk of getting injured and maximise your time
• Stop you making the mistakes which cost a lot of time and money
• Make you feel confident when you are on the start line
• Decide what race length is best for you from sprint to Ironman
• Buy the right triathlon kit to suit your ability and your aspirations
• Bike maintenance and other useful specific tips and tools
A personal note from the author:
“When I started racing I was really scared and did not know what I was doing. I did my first race because a friend entered me into it! After that race I was hooked and trained using the information I have put into this book and won many races. I wish I had this information when I started and was racing as it would have helped me so much, which is why I decided to write it down for all women who want to get to grips with the sport or take time off their PB’s”
"Triathlon for Women” is the start to finish complete guide which covers all the areas of training and racing including:
• Where to start – types of races, what you need to know and where to begin
• Jargon buster – helping you understand the terms of the sport so you can understand what people are talking about when they say “T1” or “Brick”!
• Training rules and techniques
• Swimming technique and etiquette
• Running technique and how to prevent injury and run faster
• Cycling in a pack what to do and what not to do
• Transition – how to lay it out, what to bring and how to be effective
• Understanding nutrition and why it is key, how best to manage your nutrition and what is best to eat for triathlon training and racing
• Race day – what to look out for, how to prepare and what to expect
This guide takes you from start to finish so you can feel confident and comfortable when you train and race. Here are some of the comments we have had from readers...
I loved this book!
I have completed in quite a few triathlons, sprint and Olympic distance. This book really simplified what is important to focus on. There is so much to know and learn that sometimes you feel overwhelmed. It is an easy, entertaining read but packed with good knowledge that made a big difference to my racing.
Emma Sawyers, World Games triathlon gold medallist
About Charlotte CampbellSee more books from this Author