WISC-IV Clinical Use and Interpretation provides comprehensive information on using and interpreting the WISC-IV for clinical assessment and diagnosis. With chapters authored by recognized experts in intelligence research, test development, and assessment, this will be a valuable resource to anyone using the WISC-IV in practice. This information is available nowhere else and is a unique opportunity to understand the WISC-IV from the perspective of those who know it best. Most relevant to practitioners is the applied focus and interpretation of the WISC-IV in psychological and psychoeducational assessment.
Divided into two sections, Section I discusses general advances in the assessment of children's intelligence, and how the WISC-IV differs from the WISC-III. Also discussed are the clinical considerations of this test, including the meaning of the FSIQ and four Index scores and how the WISC-IV relates to other assessment measures, including the WISC-IV Integrated. Section II discusses the use of WISC-IV with exceptional children, including those with learning disabilities, giftedness, mental retardation, hearing impairment, ADHD, neuropsychological injury, and/or cultural and ethnic differences.
* Written by leading experts
* Provides a comprehensive description of the WISC-IV from research to clinical practice
* Discusses WISC-IV use with exceptional children including LD, AD/HD, Gifted, Mental Retardation, Language Disabilities, Hearing Impaired, Head/Brain Injury, and Cultural and Ethnically Different Children
* Outlines integrated models of assessment of assessment that include the WISC-IV
* Provides case studies illustrating WISC-IV clinical use
* Contains additional validity data on WISC-IV not available elsewhere
* Practical and directly relevant to practitioners who use the WISC-IV
About Aurelio Prifitera
See more books from this Author
Published October 11, 2011
by Academic Press.
Health, Fitness & Dieting, Computers & Technology, Education & Reference, Professional & Technical, Science & Math.